to the In-Between 2.0 online event
As a result of collective efforts, the Shadow Report, a citizen reflection paper on the 3rd Report of the Commission on the implementation of EU macro-regional strategies (MRS) has been produced. Its text with numerous down-to-earth proposals and citizens’ quotes you can find here.
Reactions to our product encourage us to continue our work and you are invited to join us to design our next steps where citizens and their organisations from the four macro-regions and even beyond join efforts in
a) preparing themselves to the next edition of the Implementation Report of the Commission due to be released by the end of this year and
b) elaborating a civil society pillar, a strategy framework or instrument to strengthen policy development and implementation of EU macro-regional strategies through and by citizens’ participation.
It is our conviction that our In-Between approach, acting as an interface between the EU institutions and citizens and their local communities can bring about tangible results.
We invite you to join our online session taking place
between 10:00-11:30 hours CET on Tuesday, 29 November 2022
and be part of a creative process.
Our draft programme includes
- an introduction with initial proposals for the next steps by Miklos BARABAS, European House Budapest, coordinator of the Shadow Report project
- a highlight of the MRS political dimension by Sandro GOZI, MEP, member of the Committee of Regional Development (tbc)
- an explanation of the function and importance of an Implementation Report by Johan MAGNUSSON, European Commission DG Regio
- arguments for a visionary approach by Anders BERGSTRÖM, Norden Association, Sweden
- a testimony on the beauty and usefulness of cooperation in a macro-regional setting by Magda LESZCZYNA-RZUCIDLO, Baltic Institute for Regional and European Cooperation, Poland
The event is moderated by Christiana PORDES, the World of NGOs, Austria.
Please register to the event here. The event will be held on zoom, the link will be sent to registered participants prior to the meeting.