Riga will organize the 14th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR) on 4–5 October 2023. As the first of the four EU Macro-Regional Strategies, the Baltic Sea Region Strategy has always been a front-runner, be it innovation ecosystems, sustainability-oriented citizens, or energy security goals.
Countries from the Baltic Sea Region are working together to develop renewable energy sources and to improve energy efficiency. In addition, much effort is being put into the promotion of regional trade and investment, as well as improving interconnections between the countries in the region and beyond.
The organizers will steer the Forum towards four main goals:
- exchange of best practices of cooperation,
- stronger integration within the Baltic Sea Region and beyond,
- forming synergies between various priority areas,
- creating links between the EU Strategy and the general public.
Keeping in mind the main objectives of the EUSBSR – save the sea, connect the region, and increase prosperity – and the Action Plan 2021, special attention will be paid to the climate affairs and green energy with the aim to encourage debate. And since the main agents of change and progress are young people, a strong focus will be placed on the importance of youth engagement in decision-making.
- Workshops – a call for applications on workshops will be launched on 12 April
- Workshops are an essential part of the Annual Forums of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. They serve to exchange views on topics relevant for the EUSBSR as well as to develop and disseminate new ideas and initiatives for the region.
- Networking village – a call for applications on networking village will be launched on 24 April
- The 14th Annual Forum of the EUSBSR will offer networking opportunities on a vast scale. This year the Networking Village will be based in the historical building of an Old Riga artisans’ guild with its beautiful interior of unique artistic value.